Sunday, May 20, 2012

HOuston, TX

My kinda town. Saturday night in Houston man it was really hot, hunty! 85 degrees and at approximately 11:15pm dis ho took the stage and sang her heart out for a packed room of queens, tipsy gays, and hard core ho fans. I always love it when the fans are singing along and really feelin the music, but these peeps GET INTO IT! Not only that, but the Texan drag queens Chloe Taylor and Raven St. James held it DOWN. Marty Adamson was a master host on the mic! And we had an EXTRA special guest Houston rapstress: Troublesum! With a song like "twist in my hips" this gurl made even a nassy hooker like me blush! She done broughten it!! 
Troublesum & Wendy Ho
Grey Stephens and Wendy Ho
photo by: Pollux Torres
Now, Crocker Bar may not be well equipped to handle live singing or rapping (seems to be a thing in the bars), BUTT the stiff pours and fun patrons keep me comin on back to the lil house on Crocker Street with a big ole deck. Its true what they say, "a big ole deck can make up for shortcomings in other areas." Har. This is my fifth time back at Crocker Bar and the owner, Grey Stephens, never ceases to provide a warm, fun, and naughty atmosphere. Okay.. and maybe I bring a lil naughty to the potty myself? However,  don't confuse Mr. Stephens' hospitality for passivity-- if you do coke in his bafroom-- you WILL get kicked out! If you smoke pot in his parking lot you will be excorted away! And it wasn't my ass trynna get away with that shit (this time), y'all. In any case... yes, there are other gay bars in Houston, but as far as I'm concerned, none measure up in heart to the good ole Crocker Bar. And as you know Ho is where the heart is! June 1st marks Crocker's 4th year in business, and boy am I GLAD! Next time you in HOuston drop on by Crocker Bar! Tell em Ho sentcha!! XXX

No comments: