Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Willam was dicksqualified! Sharon Needles wins!

Wowsers! What a season of Drag Race, bisches! Chad. Sharon. Willam. That was clearly supposed to be the top 3! Somehow Phi Phi O'Hara ended up in there, when Willam decided gettin some big schlong was more important than winnin 100K--and let's face it-- sometimes dick is more important than money, honey.  But in this case it not only dicksqualified her,  it left us with that squeaky ass wheel, Phi Phi O'Hara. And doesn't the squeaky wheel usually get the grease in this business?  Or another way to put it, the cuntiest gets the camera time? Its all about drama, you're either bringing it or ya ain't. The story editors are creating it for you or against you.  I'd like to say that Phi Phi's plan worked, but I don't think we'll be seeing her booked in the clubs beyond this year.  Sorry, girl,  but you have to know that most of the people that you work WITH are the ones that you also work FOR. They get yo ass BOOKED. You can change yo look but yo reputation is a whole other story. You can be funny, biting, bitchy, and hilarious, but you ain't got to scratch and claw, bische!
I admit that was a bit biased in my opinion that Chad should be crowned queen.  She is professionalism to a T, hunty. AND there is no shade in that T,  for I also know her as a kindhearted friend. To that I remain loyal.   However, Sharon had the clearest voice and character of any of the queens --next to Willam. AND she is FUNNY. I mean, that shot of her response to Kenya Michaels trynna talk?  I don't even know if that's what she was responding to--cuz I know about editing, but that shit was PRICELESS!! And of course this ho loves a funny persona. (Wonder why?)  I, for one, am glad to see that an original, funny character sometimes beats out not only the villain (Phi Phi), but sometimes it  also beats out....perfection (Chad.) Needless to say one of these top three that's not necessarily the winner WILL go on to work FOREVER just like her idol Cher, and her name don't rhyme with Shi Shi Monera!

So why am I commenting on this? Well for those of y'all that don't know. I work primarily in gay bars.  A good 80% of the time I get booked ON drag shows.   Many drag queens have told me that I have been inspirational to them, and I see this when they choose to cover my songs.  Hell, some of them execute the visual aspect, better than I do. Meaning-- I bring the vocals, lyrics and music, and sometimes they bring the rest!  Nothing has brought me more pleasure--and profit, than being adopted by these men that transform themselves into artforms! So, the inspiration has come full circle. 

Now. Go fourth and be original and messy and funnty, bisches.  Let's all go on back to party city!! Sharon Needles, Condragulations!

No comments: